Information for Ukrainian refugees and donation opportunities
Contacts for Ukrainian war refugees in Tartu
Applying for a temporary protection
Applying for a temporary protection is simplified for people fleeing from Ukraine. The recipients of temporary protection are covered by health insurance, have the right to work in Estonia and access to basic education ensured for their children. The protection extends to the families of the refugees and can initially be obtained for a period of one year, then extended. Book an appointment for applying for temporary protection here (choose option 9).
Local Ukrainian community
Coordination Center of Ukrainians in Tartu – [email protected]; Facebook group "Українці в Тарту / Ukrainians in Tartu
Getting a place in nursery school - Tartu City Government Department of Education (Raekoja plats 12, 2nd floor) – Riina Voore, tel: +372-504-2506; [email protected]
- Getting a place in school - Tartu City Government Department of Education (Raekoja plats 12, 2nd floor) – Katrin Parv, tel: +372 7361 422; [email protected]
- Information from the Ministry of Education and Research: Children and youth from Ukraine in Estonia
- University of Tartu: https://ut.ee/en/ukraine
- Pallas University of Applied Sciences: https://pallasart.ee/en/study-opportunities-at-pallas-for-ukrainian-art-students/
- Tartu Vocational College: https://voco.ee/ua/
Finding a job
The Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund can help you find a job: www.tootukassa.ee/en/article/estonian-unemployment-insurance-fund-can-help-you-find-job
Job offers environment for Ukrainian war refugees: www.onlineexpo.com/en/tookohad-ukrainlaste-jaoks-eestis
- Unemployment Insurance Fund: +372 737 7200, [email protected]
Health Insurance Fund - www.haigekassa.ee/en/information-ukrainian-war-refugees
Family Doctor's Advice Line 1220 (when calling with a foreign calling card +372-634-6630)
- Emergency medical care (ambulance) – 112
- Psychological support - 116 006 (+372 6147 393). In addition, you can also chat online at www.palunabi.ee/en. Support is provided in Estonian, English and Russian.
Police and Rescue Board – 112
State helpline: 1247 (when calling with a foreign calling card: +372-600-1247)
Official information and recommendations based on the European security situation: https://kriis.ee/en
International House Tartu
offers new migrants programs and events that help to get to know Tartu and develop the networks in the new place of residence. Among other activities, the new migrants can join the sports program where one can get some of the sports-related costs compensated. International House Tartu also offers advice and help to new migrant parents on questions related to children education, and consults and supports Estonian schools that have migrant children.
Arriving in Estonia with a pet
Due to the military situation in Ukraine, Estonia is simplifying the requirements for pets travelling with refugees from Ukraine as a temporary procedure. The requirements are relaxed in particular for dogs, cats, and ferrets. More information.
Ukrainian war refugees to ride free of charge on Tartu city buses
Tartu is granting Ukrainian war refugees the right to travel for free by city bus for a whole year.
The right to free travel for a period of one year will be issued to Ukrainian war refugees on the basis of a personal identification code together with a personalised bus card. If you already have a bus card, the right to travel free of charge will be transferred to the existing card.
War refugees can apply for free travel at the City of Tartu Information Centre (Raekoja plats 1a), or the Tartu Welcome Centre (Ülikooli 17).
Possible arrival and adaptation of Ukrainian citizens in Estonia
An overview of the opportunities for Ukrainian citizens to come and stay in Estonia:
This page contains information on how it is possible to provide assistance for Ukrainian citizens in these difficult times. If any important information is missing, please let us know at [email protected].
COLLECTION POINTS IN SUPPORT OF UKRAINE IN TARTU
- Estonian Red Cross donation machine in Lõunakeskus
- tARTu shop
- University of Tartu scholarship fund for Ukrainian students
DONATION AND ASSISTANCE OPPORTUNITIES ALL OVER ESTONIA
- For Ukraine
- Estonian Red Cross
- Estonian Refugee Council
- Estonian Voluntary Rescue Association
- Nationwide collecting network
- Kaubamaja checkouts and e-shop
- Ma armastan aidata: 1) Donate to support the people of Ukraine; 2) Helping the animals of Ukraine
- Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Estonian Air Sports Federation
- Cats Help MTÜ
- Animal Rescue Group
- Estonian Society for the Protection of Animals
- Invisible Animals
OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP NATIONAL DEFENSE
- Estonian Red Cross
- Emergency Response Centre
- Estonian Defence League Tartu malev
- Women's voluntary defence organization
- Noored kotkad
- State helpline 1247
- Consular assistance questions for Estonian citizens staying in Ukraine: +372 5301 9999